In an interview with WUNC radio this morning, I share some anecdotal information I’ve received from my visits to online news operations at the papers in Asheville, Fayetteville, Gastonia, Greensboro, Raleigh, Shelby, and Wilmington. The four things that are really driving page views at local and regional papers are:
- high school sports
The full audio of the report is here. Leroy Towns comments here. More TK on this subject.
- More on the N.C. Online News Audience
- Does the WSJ’s Online Business Strategy Work for Local News?
- THBT: Local Media, Built From Scratch
- Viral News: The Distributed Watercooler
- Corrected: How Many Online Journalists in the U.S.?