Vote: Online Journalism Textbook Title
Written by Ryan Thornburg December 16, 2009 12:52 pm EST 3 comments
Alright, wise crowd. I need you to show me what you’re made of.
I’m writing for college students a book about online journalism. The book connects the traditional elements and values of journalism with new ways of telling stories and engaging audiences. It will start with a discussion of online news values and elements and the unique characteristics of the online news audience. Then it’ll take readers through the gamut of digital media skills and tools, and wrap up with a section that talks about how to make sensible use of the tools to create journalism that’s more engaging and relevant.
But… what should I call it? Please vote below and then leave any comments here.
What I'm reading
- Email… Not “E-mail”: Yahoo Creates Style Guide for Web Content
- Open Government Data | National Data Catalog
- Google And Twitter Ask Court To Reconsider 'Hot News'
- YouTube - Diller Sees Readers Adapting to Paid Online Content: Video
- From the "Dollars to Data: Online Financial Tools and Civic Media" workshop on Flickr - Photo Sharing!